Today my Father-in-law was inducted into the Coaching Hall of Fame at the Highschool where he has coached various sports for the past 25-30 years. Obviously he has had great success in his career and as I've been coming to know him better one of the things I have enjoyed most is sitting and picking his brain on coaching and sports in general. There is one piece of advice that he has offered me that I consider very valuable in advancing in coaching. He said "The coaches that I have seen continue to higher levels are the coaches that attend as many clinics as possible. First" he added " you learn more and grow as a coach by learning from other successful coaches. Second you are networking with them also; a lot of this business is who you know"
I recently read a testimonial from a Professional Coach in a career advising journal that said "Sometimes I went to 15 or 20 clinics a year. The hard work paid off... If you think you might like to co
ach professionally some day, you must be willing to pay your dues. I would recommend that coaches in high school go to as many clinics and training camps as they possibly can."
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Advancements in Coaching
Posted by COACHE'S BREW at 6:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment